What we do
At CBN we work to advise national and local Government, urban and rural organisations on ways to develop their digital infrastructure to promote economic development and digital inclusion.
We emphasise the opportunity that comes from the development of what we call transformational digital infrastructure or TDI. This goes beyond service-focused concepts like “NGA” and “superfast broadband”, which should be seen as outcomes rather than goals. Too often there is an assumption that once superfast broadband is in place the economic and social benefits will naturally follow, that all we need is great WiFi. TDI emphasises the benefits that come from engaging smaller businesses and public sector in building an open, shared infrastructure.
CBN has many years’ experience of delivering projects that shape urban and rural areas through innovation.
We are fully independent and can offer public and private sector clients an objective view.
We specialise in developing innovative collaborations between public, private and community organisations, drawn from primary experience of working in each sector.
- Broadband strategy – showing the vision and strategic context
- Background data – Mapping existing broadband networks, service providers and speeds, and assessing potential demand for broadband services
- Evidence of need – designing and carrying out local surveys and facilitating workshops with local stakeholders to demonstrate demand
- Project scoping – tightly defined objectives and workplans for partners.
- Identifying match funding from the public sector, EU and private finance.
- Demonstrating economic, social and environmental benefits of improved broadband.
- Commercial case and market engagement – assessing what the market will deliver.
- Procurement – advice on how to get the best value for money from the BDUK framework, State Aid and infrastructure sharing.
- Delivery – risks, governance, project management structure, milestones.